Monday, November 23, 2015

MineCraft Party

I don't think I have ever been ok with a weekend being over, ever. Now don't get me wrong there was plenty of fun but the sickies oh man! Now on to some of the fun from Saturday....
 
My cousin Matthew turned 11 and they had a HUGE minecraft party out at his house on Johns Island aka the country. I am so glad Dave was feeling well enough to be able to come with us because I hated for him to miss another weekend of fun with the kids. Last weekend he was out for the count with a fever etc..
When we first got there they had photoprops, the first one was a thing of TNT they had to sit on. Then there was one with a huge spider which Alyana was not impressed with. I told her it was fake but I guess it just looked a little too real for her.
 While waiting on everyone else to arrive we got to go check out the chickens, swing and the kids played with a bunch of balls, basically throwing/kicking them at each other.


Shannon, Bubs and me!
 I hate that this picture is blurry on here, I love this one of the girls!
 I really like this picture mom got of Logan
 Here is the giant spider :)

 Bubs on the TNT, how stinkin cute is he, I mean REALLY he is so cute!

The delicious cake, I got a tiny piece and it was plenty. VERY sweet but very good!





 They had a ton of games to play. One was searching for treasure in a pool, then throwing water balloons and balls at a tower they created, and one last thing was building a house out of boxes.







 Dave was a party animal!





 Beautiful sun starting to set on the way home!
 
We got home and the first thing the kids got to do was take a bath, they were filthy!! We had dinner then we all just hung out for a little bit.
 A little before bedtime Alayna told me she was really itchy and asked for lotion. Last time she was itchy it was dry skin so I didn't think much of it. She came back later and said she was still itchy, I told her if it gets bumpy to let me know and then she said its bumpy. I took her into the kitchen (better lighting) and she was covered in hives on her tummy and her back. Covered her in Benadryl cream and hoped it would go away. Sunday morning it was a small space on her back the cream cleared it up. It was not over as we thought it was.... her mom picked her up later she was fine, played outside and it came back. Apparently it is a viral infection that she already had and the cold air made her break out in hives... I am no doctor but it sounds crazy to me. Hopefully Benadryl will help it stay away. I felt so bad for her, being itchy is not a fun time!
 
Not of fan of this worrying deal that comes with kids being sick but I guess that is part of "parenting".
 
Hopefully when they come back on Tuesday night there will be no hives etc...
 
Sara



No comments: