Wednesday, April 15, 2015

25th Anniversary

This past Sunday our church celebrated 25 years! What is really awesome about that though is my family was there from the start. I think it is so awesome to look back and see how many memories I have with this church there are too many to list. However a few of the great ones are playing with all my friends, learning about God, singing, camping trips to the James Island County Park, so many youth outings/trips and getting baptized by Pastor Chris in the Atlantic Ocean out on Folly and my dad having to help because the current was so strong. How many can say their dad was RIGHT there when they got baptized, I can :) those are just a few but there are SO many more. 
I drifted from Coastal for a few years but last mothers day mom asked us to go as her gift. God knew what he was doing when he had mom ask that. Shannon and I both have been going and recently I started volunteering. 
I have only so far handed out bulletins, smiled and said good morning but it has made an impact on me already. Dave started security and is loving it and meeting other Christian guys which is awesome. We both would love more christian friends to add to the awesome ones we already have. 

So this service was really about memories and what Pastor Chris and Coastal has done and meant to people. There were many tears shed and reunions with people we haven't seen in many years. 
After the service they had a HUGE tent out back with catered lunch (amazing fried chicken), a dance floor with a dj and cornhole. 
We had a really good time at the party. 


Dave playing frisbee with some of the kids. 
My family just missing Krystal. I am so blessed with such an amazing family. 


Dave just had to get a selfie with Pastor Chris and one of his new friends Greg jumped in, so funny! 

We headed to mom and dads after then unexpectedly mom and I took Chase to the vet at Petsmart because his leg was hurting him. Come to find out he had a uti and arthritis flare up, poor guy. We had to leave him for like an hour so mom and I did a little shopping. 

We got back to the house around 530 then Dave and I headed home to gey dinner and get stuff ready for monday! 

Sunday was such a great day! 

<3 Sara

No comments: