Friday, January 30, 2015

Oliver Matthew

Lola and Izzy made me an Aunt and it's a pretty awesome thing now we have a nephew in the mix.
 My sister Krystal blessed our family with a little boy last night at 8:35pm via c-section. We should back track just a wee bit before that time came along. She went into the hospital wednesday night to start the whole induction process. It really started on Thursday morning with pitocin and breaking her water. Around 3pm she was ready to push, I went home to let out the dog and rushed to the hospital. I know now that I had no need to rush but I didn't know that. I figured 10cm meant it was happening and quick.
 The grandmothers in the waiting room. So yeah back to the whole pushing thing, she did that for almost 5 hours which was insane. I felt so bad for my sister I knew she had to be in pure hell. After trying to get him out that way they finally decided for a c-section.
 Bored bathroom selfie and my lovely dinner below, SO healthy! haha
 Once we found out she was having a c-section I decided to head home. I was SO tired and I knew if I stayed there was no way I was waking up early for work. So I decided I would go home get to bed and go see her this afternoon. I even called my KellBell on the way home to ensure I didn't fall asleep and I always enjoy talk to her.
 I am SO glad I made that decision. Shannon didn't get to see them before she left at 11 and mom and dad got to see him sometime after that. I would have never made it, best decision I made.
 I did get this cute little picture of him before I feel asleep and I could peacefully sleep knowing mommy and baby were just fine.

She had a rough night so I figured I wouldn't get to see them today but my luck changed. I left work around 2 and headed to the hospital. Besides some pain my sister was doing really good and baby was just so darn cute!!

 Aunt Sara holding Oliver for the first time.

 Babies first selfie with Aunt Sara, there will be many many more. Lola and Izzy take selfies with me all the time and he will be no exception. 
 Cuddling this sweet boy after my sister nursed him was amazing. I was trying to burp him but little stinker went right to sleep. I could have held him for hours it was just heavenly. Dave said he could so picture me being a mom. Maybe one day but definitely not anytime soon unless God has other plans for my life. 
 Soaking up baby snuggles before heading home. If it weren't for traffic and Teddy I would have stayed longer but I think Dave and I will go there tomorrow to visit so he can meet Oliver. 
Vincent (daddy) and baby, they looked cute so I had to take their picture together before I left.

I can't wait to see this little boy grow up and experience life. I love my nieces so much and I am so glad I get a nephew now to add to the mix. Now instead of princesses and barbies all the time we will add trucks/cars and ninjas etc. It will be fun and I know my parents are excited to have a grandson, a whole new world!!

There will definitely be more baby pictures to come but these are just the ones from today!!

To say I am in love is an understatement.

Sara

No comments: