Thursday, September 25, 2014

Out of my comfort zone

So last night I went out of my comfort zone and went to a strangers house with a bunch of girls I didn't already know. Ok I lie I knew 2 of the girls, Ashley and Heather. So why did I do this you may ask. Well my friend Ashley and I decided to join a small group or Life Group as my church calls it and then we invited Heather to join us. 

I tried to join one of these groups maybe 4 years ago and my anxiety took control and I was out the door leaving before thw group even started. Pathetic but true, anxiety is a pretty real deal. 

So there were a few appealing things about this group: all girls, literally a 2 minute walk from Dave's apartment, 2 of my girlfriends would be there (security blanket) AND it's main focus is anxiety (NEEDED) clearly this group was meant for me and I felt called to join it no matter how nervous I would get. 
So last night was more the meet and greet to give us an idea who we had with us and what was going to go on for the next 12 weeks or so. It went really well after I finally calmed my anxious self, took about 10 minutes. The girls were all really nice and so many different stages of life which I think will make the stories even more entertaining. Some I will relate to and maybe some I won't. 
They had us write down one thing we currently struggle with and then give it to them on a piece of paper. What will they do with the paper, no clue! However after we did this they gave us the verse Philippians 4:11-13 which I loved so therefore I am sharing it here. 
We all agreed most of this group will remain very private due to the nature and some of the stories that may be shared. But I wanted to blog to just say woohoo for stepping out of my comfort zone and can't wait to see what happens. 

<3 Sara

1 comment:

Unknown said...

so proud of you for stepping our of your comfort zone and joining this group!!

I am thankful to have you there with me and I am so excited to see what God is going to do in our lives through this Group!!

<3 you!!